healthy eating my way (allergy friendly)
Growing up we made a lot of Indian food in our home. But this is a totally new dish to me. Here is the link to the chapati bread. One of these days, I am gonna post an other recipe for an other type of Indian bread.
Handi is the name of a traditional clay pot that is used in the Indian kitchen in the Punjabi district. I didn’t use a clay pot, I only had a cast iron pan at hand.
400 gr (14.10 oz) chopped lam meat (strimla fårekjøtt (N))
1/2 dl (1.4 cups) chopped leeks
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 dl yoghurt naturell
4 dl rice
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp turmeric (gurkemeie (N))
1 pinch cardamom (kardemomme (N))
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
salt to taste
1. Follow the directions on the packaging for the rice
2. Mix all the spices together in a bowl .
3. Heat up the oil, and add the garlic and leeks. Until tender. Add the spices (make sure you don’t burn the spices).
4. Add the meat, and cook until well done.
5. Add the tomatoes, and put a lid on it. Stir occationally. Until the meat is tender. For about 45 min. ( The dish gets better the longer it cooks).
6. Stir in the yoghurt, turn down the heat to low. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
#BeStrong #BeBeautiful #StrongForLife
Enjoy! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you found some inspiration.
Like me on Facebook: Alternativeeatingblog
Follow me on twitter: @AnneKPSG
See my fitness challenge: Under Armour What’s beautiful
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.